The recreation continues. HBO has renewed the Winning Time TV present for a second season. The first season is at present airing on Sunday nights.
A sports activities comedy-drama sequence, the Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty relies on a e-book by Jeff Pearlman. The forged consists of John C. Reilly, Quincy Isaiah, Jason Clarke, Adrien Brody, Gaby Hoffmann, Tracy Letts, Jason Segel, Julianne Nicholson, Hadley Robinson, DeVaughn Nixon, Solomon Hughes, Tamera Tomakili, Brett Cullen, Stephen Adly Guirgis, Spencer Garrett, Sarah Ramos, Molly Gordon, Joey Brooks, Delante Desouza, Jimel Atkins, Austin Aaron, Jon Young, Rob Morgan, and Sally Field. The present is billed as a fast-break sequence concerning the skilled and private lives of the Nineteen Eighties Los Angeles Lakers, one in all skilled basketball’s most revered and dominant dynasties. In some ways, it’s a group that outlined an period, each on and off the courtroom.
The first season of Winning Time averages a 0.07 score within the 18-49 demographic and 297,000 viewers within the reside+identical day scores (together with DVR playback via 3:00 AM). In the standard scores, it’s a middle-of-the-road performer for the cable channel.
Here’s the second season renewal announcement:
HBO Renews WINNING TIME: THE RISE OF THE LAKERS DYNASTY For A Second Season
· HBO has renewed drama sequence WINNING TIME: THE RISE OF THE LAKERS DYNASTY for a second season. Based on the e-book “Showtime: Magic, Kareem, Riley and the Los Angeles Lakers Dynasty of the 1980s” by Jeff Pearlman, the fast-break sequence chronicles the skilled and private lives of the Nineteen Eighties Los Angeles Lakers, one in all sports activities’ most revered and dominant dynasties – a group that outlined an period, each on and off the courtroom. The ten-episode first season will conclude on Sunday, May 8, on HBO and can be obtainable to stream on HBO Max.
· The Los Angeles Times known as WINNING TIME “a rollicking tale of flash, cash, and clashes.” Vogue declared it “the escapist sports drama we need now,” whereas Rolling Stone known as it “a hell of a lot of fun to watch.”
· This previous Sunday’s fifth episode delivered a sequence viewership excessive of 1.2 million viewers throughout platforms on premiere evening, a 37% improve from the primary episode.
· Francesca Orsi, Executive Vice President, HBO Programming, quote: “It’s been a thrill to bring WINNING TIME to life with Adam McKay, Max Borenstein, our phenomenal producing team, and this incredible cast. This series not only tells the riveting story of the Lakers’ rise, but is also a look back at a transformative era in basketball, celebrity, and the city of Los Angeles. We can’t wait to see how this team will tell the next chapter of this dynasty.”
· Season one forged: John C. Reilly, Quincy Isaiah, Jason Clarke, Adrien Brody, Gaby Hoffmann, Tracy Letts, Jason Segel, Julianne Nicholson, Hadley Robinson, DeVaughn Nixon, Solomon Hughes, Tamera Tomakili, Brett Cullen, Stephen Adly Guirgis, Spencer Garrett, Sarah Ramos, Molly Gordon, Joey Brooks, Delante Desouza, Jimel Atkins, Austin Aaron, Jon Young with Rob Morgan and Sally Field.
· Season one credit: Pilot Director/Executive Producer: Adam McKay (for Hyperobject Industries); Showrunner/Executive Producer/Writer/Co-Creator: Max Borenstein; Executive Producer: Kevin Messick (for Hyperobject Industries); Executive Producer/Writer/Co-Creator: Jim Hecht; Executive Producer/Writer: Rodney Barnes; Executive Producer: Jason Shuman; Executive Producer: Scott Stephens