Vijay In Rolls Royce Ghost Case: Madras High Court Stays Critical Order Passed Against The Actor (Photo Credit: Twitter)

South celebrity Ilayathalapathy Vijay had lately filed an attraction of tax exemption for his imported Rolls-Royce Ghost. The Madras High Court criticised the actor for failing to pay the entry tax on the import of a high-end automobile. Additionally, the courtroom additionally directed the actor to pay a high quality of ₹  1 lakh to the Tamil Nadu Chief Minister’s Covid-19 Public Relief Fund inside two weeks

Reportedly, Justice SM Subramaniam, who heard his plea, requested Mersal actor to pay the tax due throughout the two-week interval along with the mentioned high quality. The decide additionally got here down closely on him terming him as a “reel hero” for avoiding cost of taxes.

Following which, Vijay filed a recent petition difficult the high quality and needed uncharitable remarks in opposition to actors to be expunged. The division bench of Madras High Court comprising Justices S Duraisamy and R Hemalatha stayed the judgment of a single bench that had imposed a high quality of ₹  1 lakh on the actor, as reported by The Hindu.

The division bench then directed the Commercial Tax division to boost a challan in opposition to Vijay demanding 80% of the tax quantity because the actor had already paid the remainder of 20% when it comes to an interim order handed by one other single decide in 2012, inside every week.

NDTV report quoted senior advocate and ex-Advocate-General Vijay Narayan saying, “Stars are as legitimate as anybody else. The same judge dismissed similar pleas by others but, in this case, the order says the petition did not reveal his profession. He dwells on him in three paragraphs (of the order)… also tarnishing all actors’ (image).”

“We want these personal criticisms expunged,” Ilayathalapathy Vijay’s advocate mentioned.

Talking in regards to the ₹  1 lakh high quality, the advocate mentioned, “A fine is imposed on a frivolous petition. But this petition was filed on the basis of a Madras High Court ruling in 2000 that entry tax need not be collected. There are 300 such cases pending.”

Previously, Justice SM Subramaniam had mentioned (as quoted by News Minute), “People are under the impression that they are the real heroes. Thus, they are not expected to behave like reel heroes. Tax evasion is to be construed as an anti-national habit, attitude and mindset and unconstitutional. These actors are portraying themselves as champions to bring social justice to society. Their pictures are against corrupt activities in society. But, they are evading tax and acting in a manner, which is not in consonance with the provisions of the statutes.”

Ilayathalapathy Vijay has a formidable assortment of classic vehicles together with a BMW Mini Cooper, Audi A8 and Rolls-Royce Ghost. On a number of events, he was seen driving his swanky vehicles on the streets of Chennai.

Must Read: Mukesh Khanna Reacts To Raj Kundra P*rn Scandal: “Shilpa Shetty Would Know About This 120%”

Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Youtube



Source link