Street Woman Fighter‘s male spin-off, Be Mbitious, is kicking off quickly. Currently, Mnet is recruiting for the brand new launch by public on-line auditions. Wannabe contestants should submit a self-choreographed quantity to their unique track, “SMF.” The track was carried out by rapper Changmo. Hopefuls can enter as a crew or as solos. Three of its most outstanding contestants quickly confronted controversy because the functions closed.
While crews take part utilizing a single video and choreography, solos are anticipated to add their video functions. When three contestants submitted solo functions with round 55 seconds of the identical choreography, an issue arose. The complete track is about 2 minutes lengthy, making 50% of their functions a reproduction. Netizens put collectively a comparability video of the three entries.
The three contestants in query are Kasper, Samuel Kim, and Chae Woo Tae. All of their movies had been uploaded on the identical day.
Kasper is known for being a choreographer who labored on many SM Entertainment artists’ works. He has choreographed for a lot of hits equivalent to “Candy” by Baekhyun, “Ko Ko Bop” by EXO, and so on. Netizens had been surprised to search out out that his choreography overlapped with others.
On the opposite hand, Samuel Kim has made a reputation for himself as an important dancer and performer. During his time on Produce 101, he famously co-choreographed the viral “Get Ugly” efficiency.
Lastly, Choi Woo Tae has labored with many artists, equivalent to EXO’s Lay. Interestingly, Kasper and Choi Woo Tae have labored on choreography collaborations earlier than. This raised the query of whether or not they all got here up with the choreography however determined to not enter as a crew. Netizens puzzled if they’d discovered a loophole within the guidelines because it was solely stipulated that the choreography have to be unique.
Others stay disgruntled with the sharing of choreography given that every one three are fairly well-known within the business.
- “You’re telling me that Kasper received the choreography from someone else?”
- “Isn’t it unfair if even one of them gets in? It’s not like the others had so much time on their hands to choreograph everything.”
- “1 (Kasper) and 3 (Choi Woo Tae) are choreographers, so why are they like that?”
- “The fact that they applied with the same choreography as someone else for SMF… I don’t get it even if it’s a collaboration.”
- “If so, they should disqualify all three.”
- “No, but why are they all so bad at dancing?”
- “It’s meant to be an original, so how can 1 minute be the same? LOL, I wonder how it will turn out. Will they be disqualified?”
- “They probably choreographed it together… Kasper isn’t someone who will apply using choreography he got from someone else.”
- “Is he the Kasper I do know?
- “Isn’t Kasper and Woo Tae choreographers? I saw them work together before.”
While Mnet has not but addressed the matter, sentiment from the general public seeks clarification on the difficulty and consequence. The contestants have but to talk up, both.