The Lakes Comic Art Festival, held for a few years in Kendal in England’s Lake District is to maneuver to a smaller city even nearer to the lakes in query, Bowness-Upon-Windermere, contained in the Lake District National Park for his or her October 2022 present, held from Friday the 14th to Sunday the sixteenth of October 2022. Bleeding Cool had heard there had been some battle with Kendal native authorities, so for its tenth yr LCAF has discovered a brand new dwelling.
The core of the Festival will take over a number of venues inside Bowness-on-Windermere, on the east banks of Lake Windermere, together with The Windermere Jetty Museum, supported by companions who together with Arts Council England, the Lake District National Park Authority, South Lakeland District Council, and Lancaster University.
“This isn’t about moving the existing Festival from Kendal to Bowness-on-Windermere, this is about re-imagining the Festival for a new era,” says Festival Director, Julie Tait. “The world of comics is continually changing, and we want to reflect this in a new Festival that unlocks the power of comics to change the world. We are already looking forward to welcoming our regular Festival visitors and new audiences to LICAF 2022.”
Lakes Arts Festivals will proceed to run comedian artwork actions in different cities and cities all through the UK, together with Kendal, together with an intensive worldwide programme. The 2022 programme of comedian artwork exercise will embody:
- A sequence of pilot tasks exploring how comics can enhance literacy, well being and wellbeing
- An ongoing programme of making on-line assets to introduce lecturers to comics and showcase methods to use them within the classroom
- Using the comics medium to discover psychological well being and selling assets to secondary faculty college students together with Lancaster University
- Forming long-term relationships with Special Schools throughout the UK, to discover the optimistic influence of comics within the faculty setting
- Supporting the UK Comics Laureate to advertise the transformational energy of comics to educators, librarians and coverage makers, in addition to the younger individuals straight
- Working with the neurodiverse neighborhood and particularly these on the autistic spectrum and endeavor analysis with the University of Cambridge with a brand new Autism Comics & Cartooning Project
- Supporting unbiased creators by means of our Virtual Comics Clock Tower on-line market and offering skilled growth alternatives by means of our webinars programme, exploring matters resembling crowdfunding, pitching to publishers and fundraising
- Providing a spread of alternatives for year-round artist residencies and cultural exchanges within the UK and internationally, by means of programmes resembling Comic Art Europe
- Exploring and celebrating how comics intersect with new and rising artwork varieties together with digital artwork, animation, movie, gaming, digital actuality and augmented actuality – it will lead to new partnerships with worldwide creators on the forefront of recent applied sciences
- Continuing to supply an annual Festival programme in October that options a variety of British and worldwide company with the attention on the eclectic, thrilling and entertaining, alongside workshops for aspiring creators, youngsters’s occasions by means of “Little LICAF” and far more
The Festival can also be commissioning new comedian work in collaboration with the Lake District National Park Authority to deliver comedian artwork experiences to household audiences inside an outside setting. The local weather disaster, flood threat and sustainability will proceed as themes all through 2022 with new comedian paintings being commissioned, alongside the additional growth of our ’10 Years to Save the World’ undertaking and web site.
The full programme for 2022 together with particulars of the tenth Lakes International Comic Art Festival will probably be out there in January 2022