We’re solely a few months away from the tip of 2022, which signifies that end-of-the-year K-Pop awards reveals and year-end music charts are arising earlier than too lengthy. And 2022 has been an unbelievable 12 months for rookie lady teams specifically, with artists like NewJeans, IVE, NMIXX, Kep1er, LE SSERAFIM, and others making an enormous wave within the K-Pop business with solely a few songs launched every.
With a lot competitors between these artists, there’s plenty of hypothesis and uncertainty about who might be going house with sure rookie awards. At this level, there are a number of teams that might qualify for a lot of of them!
On a latest on-line discussion board put up, netizens have been requested what they consider to be the largest “mega-hit” tune of 2022. And not like the assorted beliefs to the above rookie awards, the solutions for this query have been truly pretty unanimous.
While there weren’t any definitive standards talked about within the feedback on the put up, the commonest reply by a big margin was IVE’s “Love Dive”.
- “Love Dive! The ‘hold your breath XX dive’ even became a meme and I think of all the chorus challenges out thereㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ”
- “Love Dive?”
- “If I had to pick one, it’d be Love Dive”
- “I think of Love Dive”
- “Love Dive???”
Many feedback from worldwide followers responding to the put up additionally agree with their opinions!
- “not even an IVE stan but it’s LOVE DIVE. They deserve a Daesang for this.”
- “Hmmm I think Love Dive, though Tomboy was also a hit song, LD has longevity and was bigger globally as well if that counts. Attention was big and has crazy longevity on the kcharts and everywhere but came out later. And it’s not even the one top biggest song of the second half of the year because After Like is right there. I’d give it to Love Dive, but those three songs were all very powerful.”
- “love dive. any time i see somebody listening to kpop irl their screen is always blue white and black. plus, the numbers speak for themselves. maybe im biased tho bc i play love dive like i need it to breathe”
- “love dive is still #7 on melon charts right now. definitely have better longevity than tomboy and better international charting but we’ll see if they can catch up with gaon points, it seems like they’re getting closer each week”
On the opposite hand, there have been some others who’re not sure which tune would be the greatest hit between “Love Dive”, (G)I-DLE‘s “TOMBOY”, and even NewJeans’ “Attention”.
- “I don’t think there’s any song that was mega hit level but it’ll be between IVE, NewJeans and Idle”
- “Between Love Dive or Tomboy”
- “I don’t think there was any mega hit, but there were many hits”
- “Love Dive and Tomboy are my choices! Different songs and vibes but both were able to captured the GP!”
- “objectively for idol groups it’s between love dive or tomboy”
- “Can’t say for mega hit but Tomboy and Love Dive are definitely a hit. Attention is quite popular too.”
Do you agree with these followers’ opinions?