After former APRIL member Lee Hyunjoo shared a tell-all Instagram post in regards to the bullying she allegedly endured from the staff members between 2014 to 2016, DSP Media launched an official assertion denying the allegations made within the put up — as did current members Chaewon and Yena.
The company assertion insisted, “The post…is one-sided and distorted, completely different from the truth.” It reiterated that every one “truth will be revealed by law” within the authorized motion taken towards Lee Hyunjoo and her household and associates.
Hello, that is DSP Media. Here is the company’s official assertion relating to the social media put up shared by miss Lee Hyunjoo immediately.
The content material of the put up in query is one-sided and distorted, fully completely different from the reality. It has been 5 years since Lee Hyunjoo left APRIL. Yet she and her acquaintances proceed to behave irresponsibly towards the members. Hence, the company and the group, who’ve stayed by her aspect by means of the years, now face an insufferable quantity of misery and damages.
Of course the accused members regarded ahead to having the reality be instructed and their names cleared. However, contemplating how opinions could be private and such private opinions can’t assist resolve the problem at hand, we agreed on looking for authorized assist and getting the reality out through a radical and goal investigation of the state of affairs.
So the reality shall be revealed by regulation. The members who’ve been accused can have their names cleared by means of this authorized course of. Again, we apologize for having induced you concern.
— DSP Media
Korean followers, nonetheless, seen the official assertion “only aims to protect the current APRIL members” — when Lee Hyunjoo continues to be beneath DSP Media’s administration by contract.
- “Just let her go.”
- “Terminate her contract first, before you start talking. You seem to have forgotten that Lee Hyunjoo is also an artist still under your management. So stop taking sides.”
- “If this is how you’re going to play this game, at least let her out of the contract first. You’re literally proving yourselves to be absolute garbage.”
- “Okay, whatever you say.”
- “Terminate her contract.”
- “Just let her out of the contract first.”
Following the assertion, Korean followers started demanding DSP Media to terminate the contract they’ve with Lee Hyunjoo, particularly in the event that they “will not be providing the quality management that Lee Hyunjoo should be receiving rightfully.”
- “Let’s be clear. Lee Hyunjoo is not the one who caused damages. The public turned their backs because of your actions. This agency has no idea how the business works, huh?”
- “Just… shut up.”
- “The least you can do is to terminate the contract for Lee Hyunjoo. That way she can find herself a different management who will fight for her against you in the legal battle. You’re already at an advantage by keeping her under your management. So what would the investigation really even mean?”
- “But you guys previously admitted that you had fault in what happened. So why not talk about how you guys are also responsible for the damages? This agency is so problematic.”
- “This is beyond terrible, seriously…”
- “Why have you still not let Lee Hyunjoo out of her contract though? Don’t you, as her agency, feel the slightest bit of responsibility for what happened?”
In the revelation shared for the primary time because the preliminary allegation made by her youthful brother, Lee Hyunjoo claimed that DSP Media is stopping her from working whereas preserving her from terminating her contract.
The company has presently halted all actions for me. They are turning down any work alternatives that get despatched my approach with out consulting me first. But they insist they can’t terminate my contract both. I’m not going to allow them to maintain doing this to me, for my sake and my household and pal’s sake. I’ll reply to the authorized motion they’ve taken towards me with the assistance of the people who find themselves preserving by my aspect.
— Lee Hyunjoo