The current comeback was an emotional one for KARA members, to say the least.
In celebration of their fifteenth debut anniversary, KARA members returned with Move Again—a particular album of 4 tracks.
Following their final promotion of “When I Move” on Inkigayo on December 4, Seungyeon, Gyuri, Nicole, Jiyoung, and Youngji gathered in entrance of the followers for a mini meet and greet.
There, the members took turns sharing their ideas concerning the long-awaited comeback to the K-Pop scene and thanking the followers for his or her endless assist. Seungyeon thanked her fellow members for working laborious for the significant comeback.
To be sincere, I doubted this [comeback] would work. I believed the songs would find yourself caught in my exterior laborious drive and by no means make it out… But lots of people helped us out.
I do know this has been a wrestle for my dongsaeng members, too… I’m really grateful for them, for pulling this off. And for our unwavering followers, who present us endless love, I’m indebted. You are the rationale we had been in a position to come collectively like this and discover happiness once more. Our rocks, our best supporters. I actually did have a whole lot of considerations. But even after I wasn’t positive concerning the comeback, doubting whether or not I’d be capable of truly do it over again, you had my again.
Then, after a brief hesitation and a whole lot of emotional tears, she remembered the late Goo Hara—whom the group lost in 2019. While Seungyeon didn’t particularly point out the identify, she is believed to have admitted nonetheless lacking Goo Hara, a lot that she wasn’t positive she’d be capable of return to being KARA once more. Fans additionally consider that Seungyeon meant she believed the late member to have been with the group each step of the best way.
— 에리카 (@eririn1113) December 3, 2022
I… miss [her] so, SO a lot. So a lot that I didn’t suppose I’d be capable of do that ever once more. But I pushed by means of, believing that [she] was with us, doing this collectively.
The members’ emotional responses to remembering Goo Hara is shattering K-Pop fan hearts throughout.
- “I’ll listen to the song, remembering that it’s from six members.”
- “I’ve been watching a lot of KARA’s performances from this comeback and from their previous promotions. Goo Hara was so talented. We lost a star… I hope she’s resting in peace now.”
- “Sigh… How I miss Hara.”
- “I wish only the best for both Goo Hara and KARA.”
- “This is making me bawl.”
- “Seungyeon said that putting this comeback together had been ‘stressful’ for her. I think she meant that she was struggling because she missed Hara a lot. She might’ve not said so, because it’s a long-awaited comeback and she doesn’t want to make her fans sad, but I have a hunch that’s what she meant by ‘stressed.’”
Kamilias (KARA followers) are sending phrases of affection and luxury for KARA members, rooting for the group’s short-but-significant comeback to the stage.
- “It breaks my heart to hear her say that she didn’t think she could ever go back to being KARA again because she misses Hara so much. I bet Hara is promoting this album with them from where she is. It was great watching the group make a return.”
- “Hara should have been here, that would have meant a lot… It’s so sad. I miss her so much.”
- “Ugh… ‘So much that I did not think I’d be able to do this ever again’ SHATTERS my heart. I can’t even imagine how difficult this must have been. I miss Hara so much. I wanted KARA to promote a lot longer, but hopefully, we’ll get to see them again soon. Their comeback is a bop.”
- “I feel like they must miss Hara so much and want to say that they do. But it’s not easy to talk about her as much as they’d like… And that made things a lot tougher for them. I hope the members all remember that they’re not alone in missing and remembering Hara.”
Watch KARA’s remaining Inkigayo efficiency right here.