Amber Heard has fired her lawyer Elaine Bredehoft who represented her throughout defamation case towards her husband Johnny Depp.

In June, actor Amber Heard misplaced the defamation case towards her ex-husband Johnny Depp. The trial went on for six weeks and Amber was ordered to pay $10.35 million to Johnny. Now, Amber has fired the attorneys who represented her throughout the trial and employed a brand new set of attornies as she appeals the decision within the excessive profile case. Also Read: Amber Heard to appeal against $10.35 million verdict in favour of ex-husband Johnny Depp: ‘We believe court made errors’

According to a information report, earlier this week, Amber’s spokesperson introduced that the actor has employed David L Axelrod and Jay Ward Brown of Ballard Spahr to steer, with Ben Rottenborn persevering with as co-counsel. Elaine Bredehoft, who represented Amber within the defamation case can be stepping down from her place.

As per People, the spokesperson mentioned in an announcement, “When it comes to protecting the fundamental right of Freedom of Speech, we look at the jury’s decision — to paraphrase a famous quote — not ‘as the beginning of the end, but merely the end of the beginning.’ A different court warrants different representation, particularly as so much new evidence is now coming to light.”

Johnny Depp’s witness, an ex-TMZ worker, Morgan Tremaine, lately took a dig at Elaine Bredehoft on social media. Morgan had tweeted, “So bestie got fired and replaced with lawyers from the same firm that failed to stop me from testifying. Do I have that right?”

Morgan Tremaine shares a tweet about Amber Heard’s lawyer.

Johnny and Amber married in a secret ceremony at their Los Angeles residence in 2015, after courting for practically three years. In May 2016, Amber filed for divorce from Johnny and secured a brief restraining order towards him. She mentioned Johnny had bodily abused her throughout their relationship, and that it occurred most frequently, whereas he was excessive on medication or alcohol.

Close Story

Source link